Hope you didn’t get duped too badly today! Here is my latest update on local media stuff:
- Gig City took a look back at some April Fool’s day pranks of the past. Did any of you fall for 630 CHED’s plastic bag prank back in the 70s?
- The Edmonton Sun “reported” that the City is working with artist “Phil M. Hole” to create “art potholes”. Love it! They recapped some other April Fool’s Day pranks here.
- I liked David Climenhaga’s prank post too: reunite the right!
- Former Edmonton Journal columnist Scott McKeen is the City of Edmonton’s first ever blogger-in-residence. Though he is allowed to tackle political issues if he wishes, McKeen will focus on the way the City Administration works, or in his words, “shed light on things rarely seen.” You can check out his first entry here. Here’s an interview that Scott McKeen did with Global Edmonton’s Morning News about his new role.
- CBC did an interview with Edmonton Journal cartoonist Malcolm Mayes about his many years of covering Ralph Klein.
- I was happy to see the Journal’s Relinked column comment on the Longform mention. I check Longform every weekend, adding articles I want to read to Readability. It was cool to see a story from the Journal pop up!
- Congratulations to Paula on seven years as editor of the Boyle McCauley News! The April issue is now online.
- Randomly, I received a copy of Edmonton Firefighters Newsmagazine last week. I didn’t know it existed, and a quick search highlighted that the publication has been in hot water before for misleading the public.
- This sounds like a pretty awesome tweetup at the Telus World of Science celebrating Yuri Gagarin and Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield.
- I’m sorry to have missed Marie a la Mode’s Marie Zydek on Breakfast Television talking about spring “print” trends. Fortunately there’s a clip online!
- Hey local filmmakers, don’t miss the YEG Filmmakers Live event coming up on Saturday!
- You’ve got to check out this rap all about CTV’s Daryl McIntyre:
- Have you checked out the CTV Edmonton page on Pinterest? Looks like a fun collection of stuff. Here’s their article about the new page.
- The CTV Morning crew had some fun today!
- Prepare yourselves for a media blitz tomorrow as Mayor Mandel announces whether or not he’ll run in October’s election! Keep an eye on the #yegvote hashtag for updates.
So, what have I missed? What’s new and interesting in the world of Edmonton media? Let me know!