Here’s my latest update on local media stuff:
- In case you missed it: here’s a profile on Ryan Jespersen in Gig City. “Breakfast Television is no ordinary morning television show – it never has been – and Jespersen is no ordinary morning television host.”
- Speaking of Ryan, he and Marty Forbes collaborated on this Edmonton Sun column.
- We’re losing two journalists to Calgary this month! Both Annalise Klingbeil from Metro and Jenna Bridges from Global are heading south. I’m not sure what the Global Edmonton folks did for Jenna, but look at the ice cream cake (for breakfast!) that Metro got for Annalise. Best of luck to you both!
- CTV’s Sean Amato is taking a break from his job to run for City Council in Ward 1.
- Congratulations to Ryan Cormier on having his new book published!
— Jana G. Pruden (@jana_pruden) September 23, 2013
- Breakfast Television has made some changes to its format recently. News is now every 20 minutes, Say What runs at 6:30, and Social Bytes runs at 7:10.
- Did this actually happen? Did Charlee Morgan get botox live on the air on Up! 99.3?
- Here’s a look at the new Alberta Primetime set.
- Russell James has left Edmonton for SONiC out in Vancouver.
- Some of this may be old, but here’s an update on media moves from MediaMag.
- Congratulations to Global Edmonton’s Su-Ling Goh on being honoured by the Canadian Medical Association with an Excellence in Health Reporting award.
- Lots of local male media personalities participated in the YWCA’s Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event a couple weeks ago. Here’s a photoset.
- Former journalist Todd Babiak spoke to Metro about his new book.
- Congratulations to Kathleen Smith – she’s now a regular on Alberta Primetime’s Friday panel.
- Here’s the latest Relinked column from the Journal.
- A group of children from the Kids with Cancer Society got to be reporters for a day at Global Edmonton recently!
- It’s official: the deletion of CKUA’s AM transmitter has been approved by the CRTC.
- Did you fall for the fiery twerking video? I sure did. Turns out Jimmy Kimmel was behind the whole thing.
So, what have I missed? What’s new and interesting in the world of Edmonton media? Let me know!