After missing the 25th DemoCamp (I was there in spirit) I was very much looking forward to last night’s DemoCamp Edmonton 26. I enjoy seeing what other local developers have been up to, and I almost always walk away feeling inspired. It’s also a great way to meet some new folks in the startup scene over beer.
As always, the event was hosted by Cam Linke
The demos were (in order of appearance):
- TourGuide by Glazr, demoed by Calvin & Mike
- ShareRentables, demoed by Kenya
- StormBoard, demoed by Reg & Michael
- Neuromembrane Simulator by Atmist, demoed by Adam & Joel
- Math Games by TeachMe, demoed by Bill & Reese
For this recap, I decided to record some thoughts on each of the demos, which you can listen to on MixCloud:
You can also download the MP3 here.
My favorite demo of the evening was StormBoard. Maybe a little unfair considering how well-established the app is and how seasoned Reg is at presenting, but I thought it was great. Compelling, well-designed, and feature-rich. Give it a try if you haven’t already!
See you at DemoCamp Edmonton 27!