Here’s my latest update on local media stuff:
- With CRTC decision 2014-654, 102.3 Now! FM and up! 99.3 FM both officially became assets of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group on Tuesday.
- The Journal is looking to hire a Homes & Condos Editor. The deadline to apply is December 30.
- Happy Birthday to Marty Forbes!
- A reminder: you have until January 9 to apply for the Managing Editor position at Metro Edmonton.
- The City of Edmonton is hiring a Communications Advisor to help with social media.
- Pleasant Solutions is looking for a full-time Media Relations specialist.
- Here is Karen’s latest roundup of local blog posts. And here are Linda’s latest social media notes. Both a great read every week!
- This is a great behind-the-scenes video from Allison Salz!
- TSN’s broadcast schedule for the 2015 NLL season includes five Edmonton Rush games.
- There has been an awful lot of discussion online about Shaw’s Internet rate adjustment taking place in January. Here’s the big Reddit thread.
- Edmonton-raised actor Eric Johnson stars in the HBO Canada show The Knick. He was profiled in The Journal.
- In case you missed it: Edmonton-based BioWare won Game of the Year for Dragon Age: Inquisition.
- An application has been filed with the CRTC to add HuffPost Live to the list of foreign channels approved for Canadian TV. Public comments on the application are being accepted until January 19, 2015.
- Still no word on where you’ll be able to watch Sony’s film “The Interview” but they promise it’ll be distributed somehow.
- What would you pick as the top political story of 2014? Here are Postmedia writer picks.
- Headlines do more than improve SEO – they also change the way we think.
- According to MediaFinder.com, a total of 190 magazines launched in 2014, and 99 ceased publication.
So, what have I missed? What’s new and interesting in the world of Edmonton media? Let me know!