Traveling really does a number on your schedule and routines, which
meant that I didn’t end up posting any notes last week. That’s okay
though, it’s probably good to have a break from the norm once in a
while! And the Expo went very well for us too.
- I’ll never learn my lesson. I did a 10-page paper, a programming
assignment, and a presentation all at the last minute on Thursday and
Friday. Fortunately, I think they all turned out quite well!
- Some data has started showing up in my Google Analytics
account now, but I haven’t had the time to look at it in any detail.
I’ll have to check it out this week and see how good or useful it is.
- Does anyone know where I can buy Diet Coke with Splenda? Is it even
available in Canada? I read about it in Business 2.0 this month, but I
haven’t noticed it anywhere. The press release only mentions the US.
- I went to see Derailed tonight with Megan, and I quite enjoyed it. Totally didn’t see the twist coming.
- There’s lots of really cool podcasting stuff happening right now. Check my list of links for more!
- My interview with CJSR
last week for Humanities 101 went okay. They had some scheduling
issues, so I was the very last five minutes of the show, though they
did say they’d like to have me back. Haven’t heard anything to that end
- I hate when cops (or any emergency vehicles for that matter) put
their lights on just to go through a red light. I saw one do it the
other day and couldn’t help but feel smug when I got to go through the
next light and he got stuck behind a bunch of sheep.
- I also have a beef with Destiny’s Child right now. I really like
that new song “Check on it”, but it’s on the #1’s album (with two other
new songs), not the Destiny Fulfilled album which didn’t come out that
long ago really. Is it so hard to put the three new songs on the NEW
album? I think putting new songs on a greatest hits album is stupid. If
you’ve already bought all of an artists’ albums, don’t you feel ripped
off when they put a new song on the greatest hits just so you’ll have
to buy it too? I mean good marketing move, but shitty deal for fans. I
guess Destiny’s Child is no more so they don’t really care anyway.
- My xmas/birthday present for this year is the Xbox 360
(thanks M&D!) and I get to pick it up early. Best Buy in Edmonton
doesn’t open until 8 AM on Tuesday for the Xbox 360 launch, so I guess
I am not lining up at midnight like I planned! If you want to join me
early in the morning though, let me know!
UPDATE: I found out over beers at the PowerPlant from Megan
that Futureshop is open at midnight tonight (and I just called to
confirm), so I am back to lining up tonight! Same price as Best Buy
too. Being the same company, you’d think they would have their hours
more in line!