If you’ve been reading my blog for a while (thanks!) you’ve likely noticed that I haven’t been posting as frequently as usual lately. It’s not that I have nothing to post – quite the opposite in fact! It’s just that I have been taking some time to adjust to a new schedule. And I’ve been busier than normal too.
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Awake around 7:30 am every morning, at Starbucks by 9:00 am. I have a Grande mild, no cream or sugar, in my own stainless steel travel mug. Interestingly, the price is never the same. Some baristas charge the correct price (Grande minus a discount for the personal mug), some charge for the smaller size, and some charge for a normal Grande (no discount). I never correct them, so I guess it all balances out.
- Work! Lots of Paramagnus stuff going on lately, including some new improvements to the distribution engine that powers Podcast Spot. Various other projects too. I’d like to do more coding than I have been though.
- Posting elsewhere! I’ve continued to post on and off at WindowsMediaBlog.com, and I am still writing at last100 too. My latest feature there, on Amazon.com and the digital living room, went live today. Feature posts take quite a bit more time and effort to write, but they are much more rewarding too.
- Preparing to move this weekend. I’ve been house-sitting for friends since last August while they were living abroad. They’re back on Monday, so I need to get the house back to the way it was when they left!
- Twittering! I’m addicted (you can find me here). And I have started to use Twitter for work too. I wrote a bot that I can send direct messages to and it will respond with the information I have requested. For example, I can send it the command “!stats” and it will reply with the number of podcasts and episodes at Podcast Spot. My bot is pretty basic right now, but I can see hundreds of ways to improve it.
- Random other things. Went for dinner a few times with Grandma and Helen (relative from Australia…she’s visiting Mom and Dad now). Drove Tom to the airport yesterday morning – he too went to visit the parental units (as he and Kim used to say) up in Yellowknife. Fixed Megan’s laptop, which involved installing a new hard drive. Been to Chicken For Lunch a few times – Amy calls me a “good boy” heh. Random movies and other dinners.
So that’s my update. After this weekend I think I’ll be a bit more settled, and normal blogging will resume. I haven’t even been reading that much lately…good thing the really important stuff comes via Twitter!