Here are my weekly notes:
- Sharon and I watched Slumdog Millionaire this weekend. I thought it was really good, and I definitely enjoyed it. Not sure about all the hype though.
- From the NY Times – Facebook at 5: Is It Growing Up Too Fast?
- As you may have heard, Google recently launched Google Ventures, a new venture capital fund. Recession is a good time to do it, I think.
- Happy third birthday to Amazon S3! Still one of my favorite web services. Also from Amazon, a new web service called Elastic MapReduce. Hadoop in the cloud!
- The Malaysian Grand Prix was quite interesting until the rain started about half-way through, forcing a red flag and much confusion. When it became clear the race wouldn’t be restarted, we learned that half points would be awarded as the race didn’t get to the required 75% completion mark. The last time that happened was in 1991. Jenson Button got his second win for Brawn GP.
- I’m really looking forward to the long weekend coming up. Hopefully I can get some work done, and sneak in a little rest too! It’s going to be a busy week. At least Spring is on the way!