Welcome to the first State of the Calgary Twittersphere of 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Calgary, AB. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For January 2010:
# of local users: 7371 (an increase of 249 from December)
# of tweets by local users: 351342
# of tweets by local users containing #yyc: 13259 (3.8%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 105309 (30.0%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 112342 (32.0%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 24998 (7.1%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 19721 (5.6%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just under 50% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 7.9 tweets per minute in January (compared to 7.3 tweets per minute in December).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was January 27 at 13935. On average, 11334 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 10472 in December).
- Of the 105309 replies posted by local users this month, 28981 or 27.5% were to other local users.
- A total of 1274 users posted 50 times or more in January. In comparison, 1182 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most followed local users:
Here are the top ten most listed local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yyc:
Slight increase in the number of active users this month, no doubt thanks to the holidays ending and everyone getting back to work. The number of tweets posted per day increased throughout the month as well, breaking the 13,000 mark twice. There was also a slight increase in the number of tagged tweets.