Here is my latest update on local media stuff:
- Don’t miss Marty Forbes’ local media summer roundup. Lots of news tidbits there, especially radio ones!
- Best of luck to longtime Edmonton reporter Mario Annicchiarico, who has decided to move on to the Times Colonist in Victoria. He shared the news on June 29.
- Here are some photos and a bit of a recap of last month’s HOT 107 Switch Party with David Guetta. Apparently about 5000 people attended.
- Which morning radio show is the funniest in Edmonton? Pepper & Dylan, says GIG CITY.
- Theatre Alberta is looking to hire a new Communications Coordinator. The deadline to apply is August 5.
- GIG CITY has a great interview with Jeremy Die and Gregg Beever, the duo behind new webcomic Inglorious Hipsters.
- I wanted so much more from this TSN press release announcing that they’re providing multi-platform live Indy coverage.
- Found this one via Adam: CTV’s Quebec City Bureau Chief Kai Nagata explains why he quit his job. Definitely worth a read.
- Another must read, as usual, from Clay Shirky: Why We Need the New News Environment to be Chaotic.
- The last episode of the edmontonian presents aired on Sunday evening, called History. Congratulations to Jeff & Sally on a fantastic series! Here’s their thank-you post. And here is the last episode on YouTube:
I wonder how much people actually like “link” or “notes” posts. They seem to be quite prominent in the local blogosphere lately. I usually do my Edmonton Notes and these media notes, Sharon does her food notes, Scott does Hitting the Links, Karen usually does a media roundup, Linda has been posting her Clicks of the Day, Dave posts Alberta Political Notes, the edmontonian posts headlines each weekday, The Charrette posts a weekly news roundup, and I’m sure there are more that I’m missing. They’re not necessarily easier to write than single-topic posts, in fact they can actually take quite a bit of time and effort. They are easy to consume, however. Thoughts?
So, what have I missed? What’s new and interesting in the world of Edmonton media? Let me know!