The fourth annual Top 40 Under 40 list was unveiled this evening at MKT.
Every year, Avenue magazine recognizes Capital Region’s most exceptional young business leaders. The Top 40 Under 40 list honours individuals under the age of 40 who are excelling in their careers, giving back to the community and raising the profile of Edmonton.
Here’s the Top 40 for 2012 and where you can find them online (in alphabetical order):
- Erum Afsar, Transportation Engineer, City of Edmonton
- Jason Allard, Co-Founder & COO, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria
- Beryl Bacchus, Executive Director, Global Visions Film Festival
- Lisa Baroldi, Director, Progress Unlimited
- Amy Beaith, Volunteer Director, Operation Fruit Rescue Edmonton
- Dan Brazinha, Owner, Look Homes Master Builder
- Carolynne Bruha, Principal, Conroy Ross Partners
- Jason Carter, Carver & Painter
- James Clover, Detective, Edmonton Police Service
- Sean Collins, Business Consultant & Entrepreneur
- Dana DiTomaso, President, Kick Point
- Jerrold Dubyk, Musician & Educator
- Wendy Dugas, President & CEO, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation
- Trevor Duplessis, Actor & Novelist
- Cameron Gertz, Co-Owner, YEG Live
- Mandy Halabi, Program Manager, YouCan Youth Services
- Craig Heinke, Associate Professor of Physics, University of Alberta
- Dara Humniski, Designer & Artist
- Christians Izquierdo, CEO, DevFacto Technologies Inc.
- Michael Janz, Vice Chair, Edmonton Public School Board
- Sam Jenkins, Co-Founder & CEO, WellNext
- Kevin Kossowan, Food Advocate
- Joyce LaBriola, Director of Marketing, Citadel Theatre
- Marcela Mandeville, COO, Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
- Carol McBee, President, Mommy Connections Inc.
- Christine McCourt, Communications Coordinator, Kids Up Front Foundation
- Danielle Metcalfe-Chenail, Writer & Historian
- Shawna Pandya, Neurosurgical Resident, University of Alberta
- Andrew Parker, Private Chef
- Pauline Perrault, Owner, Jump Outta Bed
- Nathan Richards, Owner, Open Sky Music Festival
- Thomas Scott, Program Director, Fringe Theatre Adventures
- Amy Shostak, Artistic Director, Rapid Fire Theatre
- Jesse Szymanski, Producer, Prairie Dog Film + Television
- Guillaume Tardif, Associate Professor of Music, University of Alberta
- Niobe Thompson, Documentary Filmmaker
- Andrew Usenik, Vocalist for Ten Second Epic
- Hakique Virani, Health Professional
- Tom Yonge, High School Teacher
- Tai Ziola, Principal, ziola newstudio architecture
Tonight’s awards ceremony was hosted by Global Edmonton’s Vassey Kapelos and was sponsored by Celebration Homes, MacEwan University, and Century Hospitality. I couldn’t make it tonight, but judging by the #top40yeg hashtag on Twitter, it sounds like it was a great party! The website still is not updated (and like past years was down for a while) but when they get that sorted you should be able to see all the details here. The November issue should be on stands across the city soon.
Congratulations to all the winners!
To learn about even more members of Edmonton’s growing Top 40 community, check out the class of 2009, 2010, and 2011.
4 thoughts on “Avenue Edmonton’s Top 40 Under 40 for 2012”
Thanks for posting this, Mack. I must be out of the loop as I only know 3 of the 40!
Congrats to all.
Thanks so much! Sorry you weren’t able to make it out – it was a packed event with lots of fascinating people. Hope to cross paths with you in YEG soon!
Thanks for posting this MasterMaq…from page 54 of Avenue!!!! – Jerrold