Tonight, Avenue Edmonton unveiled their latest cohort of Top 40 Under 40 honorees at the Edmonton EXPO Centre. This is the seventh year that the magazine has recognized amazing young Edmontonians doing great things in our city.
“They are our educators, innovators and entrepreneurs. They rule the C-suite and both the corporate and volunteer boardrooms. Whether in the arts, non-profits, oil and gas, law, finance or medicine, they are doing more and doing it better and faster. That’s what makes them the 2015 class of Top 40 Under 40.”
The event was emceed by Global Edmonton’s Emily Mertz and was even livestreamed using Periscope.
Here’s the Top 40 for 2015 and where you can find them online (in alphabetical order):
- Vivian Abboud, Senior Manager, Government of Alberta
- Kris Andreychuk, Supervisor of Community Safety, City of Edmonton
- Serge Belair, Chef, Shaw Conference Centre
- Carri Boulton, Champion of Bullying Prevention
- Sarah Chan, Co-Chair, 2016 United Way Campaign
- Paula Cornell, Program Manager, The Neighbour Centre
- Dennis Cuku, Co-Founder, Moasic Family of Companies
- Darren Cunningham, Managing Partner, Urban Timber
- Claire Edwards, Edmonton Youth Council
- Cameron Franchuk, Associate, Structural Engineer, DIALOG
- Gayla Grinde, Occupational Therapist
- Jennifer Grimm, Owner, LUX Beauty Boutique
- Rohit Gupta, President, Rohit Group of Companies
- Saylish Haas, Owner, The Next Act & MEAT
- Melissa Hladyshevsky, Founder, Choral Morphosis
- Thomas Holmes, Founder, Psychsupport Services
- Amer Hussain, Owner, Pure Orthodontics
- Miranda Jordan-Smith, CEO, Edmonton Humane Society
- Nik Kozub, Shout Out Out Out
- Frederick Kroetsch, Co-Founder, Open Sky Pictures
- Jesse Kupina, Principal Partner, Two12 Social Co.
- Clifton Lofthaug, President, Great Canadian Solar
- Heather Logan, Surgical Design Simulationist
- Sunil Nakai, Electrical Engineer
- Ryan O’Flynn, Chef, The Westin Edmonton
- Ryan Oland, Emergency Room Doctor
- Svetlana Pavlenko, Intercultural Facilitator
- Mary Pinkoski, Poet Laureate
- Tejas Sankar, Neurosurgeon
- Karen Slater, Director, The Steadward Centre
- Bailey Sousa, Director, International Institute for Qualitative Methodology, U of A
- Miki Stricker-Talbot, Street-as-a-Venue Coordinator, City of Edmonton
- Harry Sunner, President, Durabuilt Windows & Doors
- Lalitha Taylor, Registered Dietitian
- Farren Timoteo, Artistic Director, Alberta Opera
- Tyler Waye, President, IN.FORM
- Lorne Webber, Adaptive Technology Specialist
- Leslie Weigl, Global Education Coordinator, University of Alberta
- Brandy Yanchyk, Documentary Filmmaker
- Alexander Yeh, General Dentist
Congratulations to everyone who was recognized this year! I look forward to learning more about this new group of Top 40 alumni.
The annual Top 40 issue is always one of Avenue Edmonton’s biggest, and this year they’ve gone in a different direction with the cover. Unlike past editions which featured just one member of the Top 40, this year the cover will feature all 40 honorees.
There were five judges who worked to determine this year’s cohort:
- Don Iveson, Mayor
- Linda Huffman, Arts Habitat Edmonton Executive Director
- Trudy Callaghan, Avenue Edmonton Associate Publisher
- Tina Thomas, EPL Director Marketing & Fund Development
- Brad Ferguson, EEDC CEO
Nominations for 2016 aren’t open just yet, but keep an eye on this page for updates. You can also follow Avenue Edmonton on Twitter.
Want to see who made the list in past years? Check out my posts from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
One thought on “Avenue Edmonton’s Top 40 Under 40 for 2015”
love the cover!