It’s that time of year when pretty much all the news being published is in list form! I figured I’d try once again to pull some Edmonton lists and year-in-review articles together into a single place. I’ll keep adding to it as I find more, so let me know what I have missed!
- From the University of Alberta: the top 10 stories of 2012 and the year in photos. And here’s the top ten research stories of the year.
- Homicides were a big story in 2011 but not this year: Edmonton homicide numbers plunge in 2012 following an ‘anomaly’ year in 2011.
- Here’s a recap of 2012’s top local stories from CBC. They also did an end-of-year interview with EPS Chief Rod Knecht.
- Here are the top stories of 2012 published by GigCity. They also have the top 10 Edmonton albums of 2012, and an article looking at the good, the bad, and the wickedly sweet in literature. Oh, and don’t forget to vote for the Edmontonian of the Year.
- Here is the Edmonton Journal’s year-in-review (look at the links in the “more on this story” section). Highlights include the reporters’ favorite stories, the photographers’ top pictures, and the readers’ favorite stories. They also did a number of “Best of 2012” articles: Favorite Outings, Dining Out, Top CDs (people still buy CDs?), Favorite Books, Favorite TV Shows, Favorite Movies, Pop Culture.
- Also from the Journal: 2012 a year to celebrate a city of diversity and style.
- From the Edmonton Sun, we have a number of “pictures of the year” articles: Amber Bracken, Tom Braid, Perry Mah, Ian Kucerak, David Bloom, and Codie McLachlan.
- Here’s a list of the top ten Edmonton concerts of 2012.
- Even with the lockout, the Edmonton Oilers were very active on Twitter in 2012.
- Global has a pretty expansive 2012 Year in Review site, though it’s mostly non-local. Here in Edmonton they have a poll for the top local story of the year. They also sat down with Chief Knecht and Mayor Mandel.
- Michael has started a music-focused 2012 List of Lists.
- Dave Cournoyer is looking ahead at what 2013 holds for Alberta politics. David Climenhaga thinks it could be a big year for Alberta’s NDP.
- I really enjoyed looking at Cathy’s 2012 photo essay.
- The Edmonton Chamber of Commerce did a series of blog posts looking at the top ten Edmonton news stories of 2012. Check the related posts for previous headlines.
- Here’s a look at FC Edmonton’s “awful” 2012 season, and here’s a look back at the 2012 Edmonton Rush.
- Here are Metro’s top web stories of 2012.
- Startup Edmonton posted a report to the community for 2012.
- In case you missed them: Avenue Edmonton’s Top 40 Under 40 for 2012, and VUE Weekly’s Best of Edmonton 2012.
- Here’s a great year-in-review in photos by Jason Franson.
- From Laurie of Retro-Reporter, a 2012 in review post.
- Kikki Planet decided to post a personal retrospective of the top ten lessons of 2012. Jen also did a personal look back at 2012. Here is Kyle’s look back.
- Maurice has highlighted some of the year’s biggest political bloopers.
- Here are the top ten most viewed posts on my blog over the past year.
- Here is Sharon’s look back at the year in food and here are her personal culinary highlights.
- Metro posted their best photos of 2012.
- From Jason Foster, 2012: The Beer That Was.
- Here is what 2012 meant to Gluten Free Edmonton.
- Here are DECL’s Top 10 Highlights of 2012.
- Here is my State of the Edmonton Twittersphere for 2012.
The Edmonton Journal also did a 2012 Year-in-Review video:
Here are some other links related to Edmonton in 2012:
- Sports: Edmonton Oilers, Edmonton Eskimos, Edmonton Rush, FC Edmonton, Edmonton Indy
- News Releases: City of Edmonton, Edmonton International Airport.
- Budget 2013
Fireworks downtown for New Year’s Eve 2011 by Blair Haggerty
Happy New Year!