Welcome to the second State of the Edmonton Twittersphere of 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Edmonton, AB. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For February 2010:
# of local users: 6471 (an increase of 630 from January)
# of tweets by local users: 334127
# of tweets by local users containing #yeg: 20438 (6.1%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 117188 (35.1%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 73834 (22.1%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 16658 (5.0%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 12397 (3.7%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just under 51% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 8.3 tweets per minute in February (compared to 7.4 tweets per minute in January).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was February 28 at 19372. On average, 11933 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 10588 in January).
- Of the 117188 replies posted by local users this month, 37648 or 32.1% were to other local users.
- A total of 1256 users posted 50 times or more in January. In comparison, 970 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most followed local users:
Here are the top ten most listed local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yeg:
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
A relatively big increase in the number of active users this month! I’m not 100% sure what the cause was, but I suspect it was the Olympics. The two busiest days this month were February 12 with 17281 tweets posted and February 28 with 19372 tweets posted – the opening ceremonies, and the hockey game & closing ceremonies, respectively. I’m planning to analyze those tweets further (when I have some time).
More stats on the way soon!