Welcome to the second State of the Victoria Twittersphere, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Victoria, BC. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For February 2010:
# of local users: 1759 (an increase of 513 over January)
# of tweets by local users: 60185
# of tweets by local users containing #yyj: 6493 (10.8%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 17277 (28.7%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 19753 (32.8%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 5013 (8.3%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 2339 (3.9%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just over 52% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 1.5 tweets per minute in February (compared with 1.1 tweets per minute in January).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was February 28 at 3408. On average, 2150 local tweets were posted each day (compared with 1575 in January).
- Of the 17277 replies posted by local users this month, 5385 or 31.2% were to other local users.
- A total of 270 users posted 50 times or more in February. In comparison, 107 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most followed local users:
Here are the top ten most listed local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yyj:
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
A nice increase in numbers over January! Like Edmonton, the busiest day of the month was February 28, when Canada won Olympic gold in the mens hockey game. We’ll have to see if the bump carries over into March.