Welcome to the fifth State of the Calgary Twittersphere of 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Calgary, AB. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For May 2010:
# of local users: 10547 (an increase of 439 from April)
# of tweets by local users: 507017
# of tweets by local users containing #yyc: 21053 (4.1%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 152349 (30.0%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 153152 (30.2%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 22158 (4.4%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 16966 (3.3%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just over 48% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 11.4 tweets per minute in May (compared to 11.6 tweets per minute in April).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was May 27 at 19816. On average, 16355 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 16661 in April).
- Of the 152349 replies posted by local users this month, 47020 or 30.9% were to other local users.
- A total of 1959 users posted 50 times or more in May. In comparison, 1610 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most followed local users:
Here are the top ten most listed local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yyc:
Three are clearly bots so here are the next three:
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
Here are the top ten most retweeted local users (by other local users):
A decent jump in users and Calgary has finally broken the 500,000 tweets per month mark! There was a noticeable increase in the number of tagged tweets this month too. As with Edmonton, the official Twitter clients are climbing the charts.