Welcome to the sixth State of the Calgary Twittersphere of 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Calgary, AB. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For June 2010:
# of local users: 10626 (an increase of 79 from May)
# of tweets by local users: 504633
# of tweets by local users containing #yyc: 22382 (4.4%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 156128 (30.9%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 148101 (29.3%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 22445 (4.4%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 17296 (3.4%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just under 50% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 11.7 tweets per minute in June (compared to 11.4 tweets per minute in May).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was June 17 at 20079. On average, 16821 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 16355 in May).
- Of the 156128 replies posted by local users this month, 49139 or 31.5% were to other local users.
- A total of 1978 users posted 50 times or more in June. In comparison, 1600 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most active local users (not including bots):
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yyc (not including bots):
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
Here are the top ten most retweeted local users (by other local users):
First off, my apologies to those of you who have been waiting for a stats update! I’ve been a little behind this summer.
There was a slight increase in the number of users in June, and a slight decrease in the number of tweets posted. I think that decrease is due to two things: one less day than in May, and the large amount of downtime that Twitter experienced in June (it was their worst month since August 2009).