Welcome to the eleventh State of the Edmonton Twittersphere for 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Edmonton, AB. You can see the stats for October here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For November 2010:
# of local users: 9939 (an increase of 318 from October)
# of tweets by local users: 525804
# of tweets by local users containing #yeg: 40905 (7.8%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 184033 (35.0%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 145767 (27.7%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 38958 (7.4%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 22722 (4.3%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just over 50% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 12.2 tweets per minute in November (compared to 12.0 tweets per minute in October).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was November 23 at 20311. On average, 17527 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 17252 in October).
- Of the 184033 replies posted by local users this month, 73837 or 40.1% were to other local users.
- A total of 2030 users posted 50 times or more in November. In comparison, 1394 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most active local users (not including bots):
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yeg (not including bots):
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
Here are the top ten most retweeted local users (by other local users):
We got really close to 10,000 users in November! The number of tweets overall was slightly lower than in October, which is partially explained by the month having one less day and partially by the election that took place in October. The average number of tweets per day was almost exactly the same as in October, however.
I should have December 2010 and my 2010 year-in-review up later this week. Also, stop by Twitter Talks on Thursday evening for even more twittersphere stats!
As always, keep in mind that the stats above rely upon users setting the location field of their profile to something like “Edmonton”. Users who leave that field blank or who put something like “Canada” are not reflected in the above stats. More Information.